Travel blogger, Jenna Morris has nominated me (Hello Yeshi) for the Liebster Award 2017. The Liebster Award is famous in the blogging community as it recognizes, supports and promotes up and coming blogs. Essentially, you receive a nomination, and if you accept, you then have to nominate other blogs.
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet and it dates back to 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. You can familiarize yourself with the rules here.
Many thanks and huge appreciation for Jenna, who blogs at Sonder Out Yonder in which she explores travelling while studying towards a Bachelor of Social Work. Her posts come with a reality check when travelling, studying and life in general. She also includes tips, advice and suggestions in her post that will help any traveller or student. You can read more about her and follow her on social media – Facebook and Instagram.
So the rules have become somewhat more involved for the 2017 Liebster Award and in this section of my post, I will tell you about my favourite blog – Bruised Passports! Bruised Passports is a travel and fashion blog. The focus of this blog is travel however, it dabbles in fashion while travelling and various ethnic wear based on countries visited. The authors of the blog are Savi and Vid, a travelling couple duo who take on travelling of their own accord. Both quit their jobs in 2015 and have been travelling full time while working as travel writers, travel and fashion photographers, and doing social media campaigns and product reviews – to name some of their talents. Together, they have travelled to over 75 countries and document their travel stories, tips and hacks and showcase their amazing photography on their blog. Their blog also includes posts about local cuisine in which ever country they’re in. Their writing style is fresh and informative and gives the reader major wanderlust for all places undiscovered!
Jenna, of Sonder Out Yonder gave me the following questions to answer:
1. What is your absolute favourite blog you have ever posted? Link it too.
2. Who or what inspired you to start a blog?
I feel like I’ve always wanted to become some sort of writer however, I’ve never pursued it before. I started a new job and was constantly questioned about my travels, along with giving advice to younger girls wanting to travel; I decided to start my blog. I started my blog on the 1st of August 2017, with it being Women’s month in South Africa (home), I wanted to empower myself to start writing!
3. If you could speak any other language fluently, what would it be?
Spanish! I’ve learned a bit, but not fluent.
4. What country scares you the most to travel to?
I don’t think there’s one in particular but the countries where wars or unrest are happening, I wouldn’t want to travel to.
5. If you were not writing a travel blog, what kind of blog would you write?
So my blog is a travel and food blog, so I can share my passion for food too! If it was something completely different, I would write a blog about my dog and his craziness on a daily basis!
6. Your favourite country? You can only choose one!
South Africa! Besides being home, it’s beautiful, natural and so warm! I admit it does have some downfalls, as does every country but the people are amazing, the beaches and mountains are spectacular and the wildlife in their habitat is a wonderful sight.
7. If you could travel the world for one year with one celebrity, who would it be?
8. What is the first word that comes to your head when I say…………… Dallas, Texas!
9. What is the first stereotype you think of when you think of Australia?
Australians live in shorts and flip flops.
10. Nepal or Indonesia? Why?
Indonesia. Those beautiful beaches are hard to resist.
The amazing blogs that I have nominated are:
- Roaming Our Earth
- Miss Dhanusha
- That New Girl
- Live Love Laugh Blog
- Continental Connoisseur
- Frankie Flies Solo
- Syeda Maham Riaz
- Pretty as a Peony Blog
My questions for my nominees to complete are:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- Do you think education, as it is today, does justice to life and learning? Why?
- If you could have one super power, what would it be?
- What is your favourite book/ book series?
- If you had to live the life of someone famous of any era, who would it be?
- Sweet or spicy?
- Fondest travel memory?
- If you had to choose a vacation to one place for a month, where would it be?
- Would you rather explore the deep ocean or outer space?
- Tea or coffee?
Link me back to your posts – so I can read your responses!